|Title:||Vice President of Marketing and Development|
JOB TITLE: Vice President, Marketing & Development CORE TEAM: Executive Team
SCHEDULE: Full Time STATUS: Exempt
LOCATION: Flexible with minimum of 40% in Colorado Springs office
Reports to: CEO
Coordinates with: CEO; CFO; VP Intl Child Dev; HR and IT; Operations Coordinator
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY:
The Vice President of Marketing & Development (VPMD) will act as one of the primary architects and executor of VisionTrust’s Marketing, Communications and Development (fund-raising) strategies in order to:
1) Enable compassionate people to effectively and smartly help orphans and vulnerable children;
2) Guide U.S. churches in effective global mission programs which focus on orphans and other vulnerable children.
The VPMD will also oversee development of VisionTrust’s strategy to develop and maintain the necessary Marketing, Communications and Development infrastructure to support its current and future operations. In addition, the VPMD will oversee the Product Lifecycle Management of all partner facing products.
In respect to day-to-day tasks, the VPMD will provide the oversight needed to ensure that the Marketing, Communications and Development strategies are implemented in a way that meets VisionTrust’s short and long term partner satisfaction and development goals. The VPMD will be responsible for managing the following teams and ensuring that they have the correct structure, people, and skills necessary to meet their respective objectives: Partner Engagement, Church Engagement and Marketing, as well as Communications. And finally, the VPMD will act as one of the primary development staff required in major partner fund-raising activities.
- Develop a full grasp of VisionTrust’s strategic initiatives, products and services. This will encompass two main areas:
- Individual child sponsorship programs
- Major Donor fund development
- Maximize the role of VP of Marketing & Development in achieving VisionTrust’s strategic goals.
- Develop the overall Marketing, Communications and Development strategy for:
- Achieving targeted fund-raising and partner satisfaction levels in existing market segments.
- Successfully meet fund-raising growth goals and partner satisfaction goals in targeted new market segments.
- Ensure that the overall strategic plan is translated into concrete tactical action plans by all reporting departments and teams.
- Ensure that the Marketing, Communications and Development functions have the necessary support infrastructure (technology, systems, etc.) to support both current and planned activities.
- Ensure that VisionTrust engages in relevant and appropriate market research and market intelligence activities to identify and understand:
- Partner needs and preferences among existing and new market segments.
- Strategies and efforts of other organizations working in our areas of focus.
- Alignment of product and marketing activity to the VisionTrust brand promise and mission, values and goals.
- Confirm that VisionTrust’ s marketing strategies and fundraising plans:
- Create/enhance VisionTrust’s brand awareness.
- Price products and services at levels that provide sufficient revenues to meet program and corporate goals.
- Optimize use of available multi-channel marketing methods.
- Elevate opportunities to engage in cross selling with both internal and external channel partners.
- Provide Partner Engagement and Church Engagement with the needed solicitation tools.
- Develop and measure product performance in critical success areas including but not limited to:
- Cost per acquisition of sponsors.
- Number of sponsors acquired.
- Lifetime Value of Sponsors and donors.
- New sponsor acquisition goals (monthly / annually).
- Cost per dollar raised (ROI).
- Efficient costs in major donor and foundation fundraising.
- Create the needed Marketing & Development culture. Confirm that:
- VTI is using the appropriate mix of products to match the needs and receptiveness of partners in varying market segments.
- Ensure strong positive and productive relationships are created and maintained between the Marketing & Development and other functional areas such as Finance, Human Resources, International Child Development, etc.
- The Marketing & Development staff consists of those with the needed competencies, knowledge and skills to achieve both current fund-raising and partner satisfaction targets as well as intended sponsorship growth targets; creates and executes developmental plans to fill any gaps in existing capabilities.
- The Marketing, Communications and Development functions are properly staffed. And develops overall plan for staffing needs to meet the activities envisioned in VisionTrust’s strategic and operational plans.
- Needed succession and recruiting planning are in place.
- Monitor progress against strategic and operational goals, and make sure any and all corrective actions are implemented.
- Identify strategic business partners and negotiate needed contracts with potential partners’ top level executives.
- Manage operating and capital expenditure budgets within corporate budgets and targets.
- Produce monthly reports detailing progress on all Critical Success Indicators.
- Act as a VisionTrust spokesperson and effectively represent VisionTrust at a top level executive capacity in dealings with a wide variety of external contacts.
- Act as one of the primary development staff required in major partner fund-raising activities.
- Serve on planning and policy-making committees as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
The ideal candidate will have 10 or more years of relevant experience with substantial experience at the senior executive leadership level, preferably in sales/fund-raising, marketing and communications, operations and product development. The applicant needs to have a proven track record of running a sales/fund-raising and marketing operation in a growing/dynamic market(s). He/she must also have proven experience in operating as part of an executive leadership team that places high emphasis on collaborative decision making, and fostering a high degree of coordination between functions.
The ideal candidate needs to have a track record that demonstrates ability in the following competencies at the senior executive level: Leadership, Strategic Thinking, Vision Formulation, Business Acumen, Customer/Market Focus, Results Driven, Decisiveness, Problem Solving, Negotiation, Organization Building, Managing Change, Coaching and Counseling, Communication, Listening, Interpersonal, Relationship Building, People Development.
In addition, the candidate needs to:
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. This involves a consistent witness of Jesus Christ, maintaining a courteous Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of the ministry. Refrains from any conduct that may bring the ministry into question and faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer;
- Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to VisionTrust’s ministry;
- Agree with VisionTrust’s Statement of Faith;
- Implement company policies and procedures;
- Organize, set priorities, take initiative and exercise sound judgement within areas of responsibilities;
- Maintain highly sensitive and confidential information;
- Use high degree of tact, diplomacy, discretion and professionalism in dealing with field partners, donors and staff;
- Communicate clearly, ethically, and effectively in writing and orally;
- Ability to teach and motivate others, resolve conflict;
- Demonstrate personal effectiveness/integrity;
- Exercise stress management/composure;
- Have highly developed interpersonal skills, ability to meet people with ease;
- Have strong organizational skills, well-disciplined and able to meet deadlines.
Required Education and Experience:
- Six years of post-high school education; Business Degree or Marketing Degree with MBA is required.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in senior leadership role in related field of work is required.
- Requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- This position requires approximately 30% domestic and international travel with exposure to safety and disease hazards. Travel may occasionally require lifting up to 70 pounds.
- Mental demands: while performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to interact with many personality types throughout the day; use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve non-routine challenges; observe and interpret people and situations; work under deadlines with frequent interruptions; and interact with multiple work teams.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.