|Title:||Executive Assistant to the President / CEO|
JOB TITLE: Executive Assistant to the President CORE TEAM: Office of the President/CEO
LOCATION: VisionTrust Corp. Office, Colorado Springs, CO SCHEDULE: Full Time
Annual Salary Range: $34K-$36K
Reports to: President/CEO
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY:
The Executive Assistant provides highly sensitive, proprietary and confidential support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The Executive Assistant performs a broad range of professional level complex administrative duties and serves as a liaison to numerous internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO. The role demands excellent oral and written communication skills, a service mindset, solid judgment and proficiency. Requires cross-cultural sensitivity, and a strong personal commitment to VisionTrust’s purpose, mission and Statement of Faith.
- Manage the CEO’s calendar/schedule
- Support the CEO by managing all daily administrative matters including calendar management via effective use of Outlook for making appointments and managing schedule
- Use initiative and judgment to anticipate potential challenges and provide solutions
- Screen and appropriately respond to requests from outside the organization from those wanting to speak with/meet with the President
- Appropriately respond to requests from staff requesting appointments with the CEO
- Greet visitors, accept and make phone calls
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal departments
- Events and Meetings
- Set business meeting agendas
- Accurately record minutes from meetings
- Assist with the planning, preparation and execution of Board Meetings, President’s Weekend, All-Staff Yearly Meetings, Leadership Team weekly meetings, etc.
- Logistics: Arrange transportation and lodging for out-of-town visitors as needed
- Hospitality: Arrange for meals/catering/food purchasing/beverages; prepare and clean up
- Act as the initial point of contact for the CEO’s office; screen telephone calls and visitors, respond to requests in a professional and timely manner
- Communicate effectively and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally at all levels with Board of Directors/major donors/CEO contacts/VT staff, volunteers, guests, vendors, and building tenants.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal skills.
- Ensure that the CEO is informed of commitments, responsibilities and other matters that require attention
- Prioritize conflicting needs and handle matters proactively and timely ensuring communication with all relevant parties
- Assist with CEO’s correspondence and coordinate with appropriate internal and external parties
- Prepare memos, responses, notes, etc. for the CEO as requested
- Proofread/edit written/printed copy for all items with CEO’s signature and other copy as directed/approved by CEO
- Maintain contact database for the CEO
- Process monthly expense reports for office of the CEO
- Project-based work
- Manage special projects as assigned by the CEO
- Research matters and provide results to the CEO as assigned
- Computer & office machines
- Possess skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Salesforce to effectively perform job—research, update and enter information
- Knowledge of and ability to use SharePoint
- Ability to use office machines for Copying/printing/scanning/postage machine/labels
- Time Management
- Able to shift priorities quickly and multi-task, accept change and be flexible to meet deadlines and needs
- Organize work and set up systems of tracking
- Team Support
- Schedule “Lunch & Learn” sharing times
- Schedule weekly prayer meetings
- Schedule monthly all-staff meetings
- Perform office duties that include ordering supplies, maintain and organize supply inventory and supply closet
- Other Duties
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CEO
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Proven ability to independently take appropriate action and make sound decisions within scope of authority, be a self-starter
- Organize, take initiative, and exercise sound independent judgment within areas of responsibility
- Manage multiple and rapidly changing priorities to meet the needs and expectations of CEO and organization, ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Implement company policies and procedures
- Maintain highly sensitive and confidential information
- Use a high degree of tact, diplomacy, discretion and professionalism
- Organize and maintain office files related to the office of the CEO
- Communicate clearly, effectively & ethically in writing and orally
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. This involves a consistent witness of Jesus Christ, maintaining a courteous Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of the ministry. Refrain from any conduct that may bring the ministry into question and faithfully uphold the ministry in prayer.
- Agree with VisionTrust’s Statement of Faith;
- Interact with co-laborers with Biblical love;
- Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to VisionTrust’s ministry;
- In-depth understanding of entire MS Office suite;
- Ability to occasionally work a flexible schedule and additional, nontraditional work hours as required;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to problem-solve. Ability to deal with non-routine matters and special projects with minimal specific instruction;
- A successful track record of performing executive support activities and functions;
- Possess excellent organizational skills;
- Team player; ability to teach/coach/motivate others.
- Previous non-profit or international missions experience, knowledge of VisionTrust and its structure is a plus
- Bachelor degree or equivalent, and a minimum of three to five years in similar position
- Proven ability to work effectively with executives
Travel: May require domestic travel to accommodate organizational events.
Physical Demands: Conduct normal lifting, sitting, standing and active work in an office environment. Mental demands: While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to interact with many different personality types throughout the day, use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve non-routine office problems; observe and interpret people and situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work under deadlines with frequent interruptions; and interact with multiple work teams.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions of this job. However, there may be other general tasks to perform.